The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) was established on 1 November 1973 as an independent recruitment agency in pursuance of the recommendations of the Gajendragadkar Committee.
- » Recruitment to posts in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the ICAR and to such other posts and services that the President, ICAR, may specify from time to time.
- » Rendering such other assistances to the Council in personnel matters, including promotion, as may be required by the President, ICAR.
- » Advising the Council on disciplinary matters relating to personnel recruited through ASRB or appointed by the Council in consultation with the Board.
- » Recruitment to entry level scientific positions of the ARS through an All-India Competitive Examination.
- » Induction of existing scientists of the ICAR to ARS under the initial constitution of ARS.
- » Assessment for merit promotion and grant of advance increments to scientists of the ARS.
- » To conduct National Eligibility Test, which is a prerequisite for the initial recruitment as Assistant Professor/Lecturer in the State Agricultural Universities.
- » Recruitment to posts in the Combined cadres of Administrative Officers/Finance & Accounts Officers of the ICAR which are required to be filled by direct recruitment.